6/27/05

Having an Escher Moment



My plan for today, beyond a pleasant lunch with an art teacher/junk aficionado at Corner Bakery (Collagemama recommends the Corner Combo of 1/2 Caesar salad and 1/2 Chicken Pomidori panini), was to do the materials prep work for the next summer session.

After tying 224 double knots in jute to make handles for fifty-six treasure chests, I moved on to cutting the ocean waves to make a pirate ship on stormy seas hat (think wavy crown). Thank heaven the leftovers from the hat cut-outs form the parrot wings for another camp project! Can you spell "blisters", boys and girls?



Cutting along in this mindless task, I got sucked into a fantasy version of the Allman Brothers playing, "I'm No Escher". Wasn't that the song about starting a fire in your canoe??


... No I'm no angel
No I'm no stranger to the dark
Let me rock your cradle
Let me start a fire with your spark
Oh come on baby
Come and let me show you my tattoo
Let me drive you crazy
Come on and love me baby...

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...