6/5/05

AARP Shock

I was a tad stunned to see an AARP magazine in MY mailbox this week. Yes, I had answered the AARP membership letter, but I hadn't really made the mental connection. Stuffed the mail into my tote bag, and went on home. Flopped all the mail out on the kitchen table for my son to sort through. Seventy-five per cent of our mail is for him, or else from the Marines still trying to snare his brothers. The few, the proud, the wasted effort!

Good grief. Don't those AARP folks know some of us still have impressionable children at home? (Of course some of those impressionable children could be over thirty years old.) The cover story is "SEX 2005: Landmark Study". Steven shuddered when he saw the cover. Old people, sex, sex, old people, parents, sex, ewwwww! Too much information. Fifty seems very old from his perspective.

Fifty seems like the entry to middle age to me, but I still haven't read the cover story. Like all the guys who used to say they subscribed to Playboy for the stories, I may just take AARP for the crossword puzzle. It's a pretty interesting one, and there's a new puzzle everyday at the AARP Magazine website. Go ahead, take a peek!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...