6/20/05

Green Suede Shoes

Recently I've been afflicted with a growing conviction that a pair of tasteful, narrow, white capri pants would solve my life. I wake up at 4:33 a.m. to spend a few moments visualizing these white capri pants, and then try to get back to sleep for another hour or so. When I get distracted by Raffi singing "Baby Beluga", or by trying to sort out Captain Ahab vs. Captain Nemo, and Mr. Christian vs. Captain Bligh, sleep can be elusive. And what was the story with the Ancient Mariner and the albatross and Ken Griffey, Jr.? And, my, oh my, what about Randy Johnson, even if he did join the damn Yankees. Whatever Lola wants, Lola forgets!

The last time I had a pair of white pants was in 1975. They were sailor-style wide bell bottoms with gold buttons. The pants went with a green and white striped shirt, and some spring green suede shoes. That was the last time I had green shoes, too.

Now I've got these green sandals, and they are an albatross around my ankle.


Please, please, don't let me look like an albino manatee!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...