5/10/04

Polly Want a Tic-Tac?

Each year we have a summer camp related to a pirate theme. I love to have the kids make shipwrecked pirates drifting on tongue-depressor rafts. This year it has been tougher than usual to locate cocktail swords for the teeny tiny clothespin pirates. I was doing a little victory dance in the check-out lane at Albertsons until the computer refused to recognize the UPC for the swords. Since the checker had no idea of the cost, and I had only a vague feeling of $4.99/40 swords, I told the young man about making teeny tiny pirates. He was quite impressed, and invoked the Law of the Sea. He scanned a pack of Tic-Tacs for sixty-nine cents for each pack of cocktail swords. I’m betting he goes home tonight and considers himself with an eye patch in the bathroom mirror.

Avast ye cowardly scum!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...