5/27/04

Not my thighs

Just received my new swimsuit in the mail. This is the second one I've purchased from swimoutlet.com. It's got the x-back I like for lap-swimming, and the lined front that enhances my delusion of holding my stomach in. Happily, it is also two sizes smaller than the suit I wore when we started swimming at Christmas. The colors are so bright, I'm not sure I want to wear it in the heavy chemicals of the public pool just yet. It will be waiting when my other suit disintegrates.

I didn't get my day going early enough to walk "briskly" in the Dallas morning, and I was feeling like a slug by lunch. Now, after swimming, I feel calm, focused, and more ambitious. Even though I'm not losing weight, I am losing inches, and I feel stronger. It is fun to put slacks away in the deep, dark recesses of the Too Big closet.

The photo is from the online catalog, so it's not my thighs. Swimoutlet.com ships quickly. The suits I've gotten have cost between thirty and forty dollars. That may sound like a lot, but I don't have time invested in running around to different stores looking for an elusive fitness suit in a flock of tankinis or scary old lady one-pieces. I don't have to look in the three-way mirrors, either.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...