5/23/04

Aggressively tacky

Steven is recovering the interior walls of the 300ZX with new vinyl. He is doing it one section at a time, of course, and is still on section numero uno. The interior will be white instead of maroon. Right now he is translating the directions on the can of spray adhesive from instructionese to real English. We are debating the meaning of "agressively tacky", as in "the product is agressively tacky for 10 sec.-15 min." I've known dinette sets that were aggressively tacky for fifteen years...

After all the driving last week, and sewing the thirty-two giant carrots together, my essential tremor has kicked in. Any time I use my right arm to the point of fatigue, my arm shakes enough to hurt. Using a weed-whacker, handheld mixer, or the sprayer at the coin-op carwash escalates the tremor from amusing nuisance to real annoyance. My handwriting will be pretty illegible for a couple days.

Living in a condo has some downsides. Sometimes I really miss having a yard. Today I am remembering how sore my arm would be after mowing, and feel grateful not to do yard work anymore.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...