5/8/04

Is the spell broken?

In March my son was in an accident while driving his father's van. In April my son bought his precious Nissan 300ZX. In May my ex-husband's wife backed into my son's precious Nissan 300ZX.

When I call my Farmer's agent and tell them my name, I hear a click-click-click in the background. LeAnne has set the desk stress pendulum balls in motion.

I know a ridiculous amount about LeAnne. I know her work schedule and her days to attend classes. I know her dog, Cassius, and can enquire about his surgery. I know that the stitches didn't dissolve, but Cassius was very cooperative when LeAnne decided to remove the stitches herself. I congratulate LeAnne on getting her degree with honors this week after six years.

Things rarely go smoothly in my auto insurance experience, so I am glad to have the same cast of characters when I have a problem. They owe me, and I owe them.

When I divorced, I dealt with car insurance for the first time. In this sci-fi frontier I encountered Jerry. Jerry set up my policy on my Mazda MPV. This seemed to be pretty painless and straight-forward. Alas, Jerry had typed my name as "Uncwy" instead of Nancy. After a few months I received a double rejection notice. Uncwy was rejected because she didn't actually exist (a minor detail), and Nancy was rejected because she drove her car into a neighbor's swim pool. I was thrown into the insurance dungeon, chained to the wall, left alone with the rats and a crust of bread.

It took about six months to get Uncwy rehabilitated and renamed, and Jerry nearly got fired in the process. Then it took six more to convince the insurance gods that Nancy's ex was the one who let his car roll down the driveway, across the alley, and into the neighbor's pool. While this was just a normal day for him, Nancy actually had a spotless driving record, and should be reinstated.

About this time, my oldest son became a driver, and I was introduced to Male Driver Under Age 25 insurance reality. Within a month of obtaining his license, Son One drove the van into the support post of the carport. Having done the same thing at the same age, I sympathized. Alas, I also paid, and paid, and paid.

Everytime I add or subtract a Male Driver Under Age 25, or a male driver's vehicle from my policy I hear the click-click-click. Cassius has to wear the veterinary lampshade around his neck, and LeAnne has to set the pendulum balls in motion.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...