9/18/04

Rabbit Hole

Went to an unusual movie this afternoon. I saw What the [Bleep](Do We Know)?. It is about quantum physics, neural nets, anxiety, memory, and brain chemistry, and the big questions:
  • Why are we here?
  • What is real?
  • What is God?
  • How do we change our reality?

Adding to the otherworldliness, the movie stares Marlee Matlin, so you have to get used to hearing a deaf person's speech. There are cool animation and visual techniques, and ideas to ponder at leisure. It is only playing at one theater in Dallas, but it is an interesting way to spend two hours.

After the movie I took my car for a free tire rotation and new wiper blades at Sears. I know, don't lecture. I should be able to buy wiper blades at Auto Zone and put them on. I am Woman. Hear me roar. I just don't like doing wiper blades. So I spent an hour and a half wandering around in the mall pondering the same sort of questions as in the movie, plus the unanswerable questions:

  • Who buys all this stuff?
  • Why is the Goth fad still going?
  • Why are all the clothes made of acetate these days?
  • Doesn't anyone remember back in the late Seventies when we all did our Scarlett O'Hara imitations and swore, "I'll never wear man-made fabrics again!"?

What the [Bleep] asks all of us to choose how far we want to go down Alice's rabbit hole of mysteriousness. What I will remember most is a quantum physics expert saying that life is not about being in the know, but about being in the mystery.

http://whatthebleep.com/crystals/

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...