6/27/04

Sea Creatures of Habit

Or better, sea nymphs! My swim buddy and I did laps both days this weekend. We are such mermaids these days. We now swim in lane #4, which is away from the lane-crasher mommy and the bossy old guy in the Speedo. It took some getting used to, since lane #4 is far from the ladder. We realized today that I always have to swim on the west half of the lane, and my bud has to swim on the east. We would fall off the end of the earth like Columbus if we switched! I've heard tales of the magnetic forces of the Earth's poles reversing and causing mass extinctions of species. I don't really understand magnetic forces, but I know they are really powerful because I had a Wooly Willy toy when I was a kid! When we walk together we always follow our circular route clockwise. Going counter-clockwise seems impossible. We would fall down. Our legs would go numb. It would be oh so Through the Looking Glassish.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...