6/15/04

Nearing the anniversary

About a year ago one of my dear, demented friends suggested that I write a blog. Naturally, I had no clue what she was talking about. Now I'm a poster child for Bloggers Anonymous. I admit that I'm powerless over Blogspot, that my life has become unmanageable. But it's a nice kind of unmanageable! Things accumulate in stacks and piles around the condo, and I don't much care. My priorities have been realigned. Many things I used to obsess about are now just small blips on my radar. Really important stuff still gets done, but marginal stuff has to take a number and wait in line. Fifteen years ago I preached that "stuff doesn't have needs". Now I can finally live that philosophy. Soft focus transition to the slow motion video of me running through the meadow wildflowers while gradually disrobing, toward my true soulmate, Mr. Peabody....in the background the theme song from Kismet plays, "Stranger in Cyberspace"...

"Baubles, bangles, bright shiny blogs, ding-a-ring-ding-ling..."

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...