6/20/04

List Stress

The 1,000 Best Movies Ever Made
By THE FILM CRITICS OF THE NEW YORK TIMES

This list is drawn from the second edition of "The New York Times Guide to the Best 1,000 Movies Ever Made" (St. Martin's Griffin, $24.95), edited by Peter M. Nichols and published in 2004.


Today at nytimes.com you can read all one thousand movies titles in alphabetical order. If you are like me, you will have to count how many you have seen. It became clear early in the alphabet that I was not going to score very high, so I included all movies that I'd seen part of, and movies I was pretty sure I'd seen but couldn't exactly remember, and maybe some that are just in the collective consciousness. Even with that padding, I scored less than twenty percent of the movies.

On my ground floor, movies aren't terribly important to me, and my time is very limited. In the anxiety basement, I have a new box of inadequacy stored.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...