6/16/04

Big doin's ahead for CollageMama

Saturday afternoon this CollageMama is heading to the members-only viewing of the Dallas Museum of Art exhibition, "The Art of Romare Bearden". I have never been to a members-only anything in my life, but this is a big deal to me. Romare Bearden, 1911-1988, was a Harlem artist best known for his collages. I love his collages of musicians the most.

In conjunction with the DMA exhibit, the Valley House Gallery will also have a Romare Bearden show this summer. I have added a link to the Valley House, www.valleyhouse.com, and you can see twenty-seven examples of Bearden's art at the site.

The DMA will also host an outdoor concert by jazz legend Branford Marsalis celebrating Bearden's life and works. The free concert will be Friday, June 25, 8:00 p.m. The museum will be open until midnight. I hope to see you there!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...