10/22/04

Wired

Sat down to watch the ALCS game seven on Wednesday night. I truly wanted to watch Kevin Brown pitch to the Sox, but there were visible electrical cords from the t.v., vcr, and dvd player to two different outlets, plus the wire for the cable t.v. dangling and snarling in plain view. Slap me with the defibrillator paddles because I just can't handle this aesthetic aggravation! Obviously, I don't sit down to watch t.v. in the living room more than twice a year, or I might have noticed the cable wire. It's been a year and a half since we got cable.

Rearranging furniture is always a stress relief activity for me. I can't control the world OUT THERE, so I shove heavy furniture and major home appliances around and try to balance the design aesthetics of original art works with the Auto Zone car battery that has been plunked down in the living room for at least two weeks.

I hope to sit down tomorrow night and watch the Tech-UT game and game one of the Series. It's going to be challenging, since they are on simultaneously. Glad I won't have the wire distraction to steal my focus.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...