10/10/04

Not Wade Away


Over a decade ago I had the good fortune to bond with a friend over a discussion of an Ann Tyler novel in which the main character just walked away from her family down a Florida beach. It was a very appealing fantasy for both of us. Carole and I have been swimming laps for exercise this year, and we might qualify as "old swimmers". I know our friendship will not wade away.

Swam seventy lengths at the pool today. I keep increasing my "monster" swim. Sometimes I swim a shorter workout, but the long one is sooooo relaxing. I keep my mind busy calculating fractions and percents, and observing the water colors. In weak moments I also worry that my swimsuit is fading away. Today the worry was real. I had to throw my swimsuit in the trash.

I'm hoping to visit Mike in Lubbock next weekend. While he is at work I will go to the Buddy Holly Center. I know my suit will not wade away!

Not Fade Away
by Buddy Holly

I’m a-gonna tell you how it’s gonna be
you’re gonna give your love to me
I wanna love you night and day
you know my love a-not fade away
a-well, you know my love a-not fade away
My love a-bigger than a cadillac
I try to show it and you drive a-me back your love for me a-got to be real
for you to know just how I feel
a love for real not fade away
I’m a-gonna tell you how it’s gonna be
you’re gonna give your love to me
a love to last a-more than one day
a love that’s love - not fade away
a well, a-love that’s love - not fade away

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...