10/16/04

Through the bugs on the windshield

So there I am driving on back roads this afternooon, seeing coyote, deer, many roadrunners, countless scissortails, gorgeous red earth, blonde and pink grasses, white cotton, vultures, and my hawks. I'm heading back toward Dallas from Lubbock on Highway 82 to Seymour, then on deserted roads to Archer City. Outside the window there is poverty, decay, erosion, promise, creation, renewal, ripeness and light. "Carmen" is blaring, and cleansing quiet tears are streaming....Must refill the windshield wiper fluid!

I'm not good at crying. Tears rarely come to the surface without whacko hormonal assistance. If they did, maybe I would view life through a cleaner mental windshield.



1 comment:

earth dog said...

I am just the opposite. I can cry for no reason at all. I hear a beautiful song, I watch the news...heck once I even cryed watching a Garfield special (Odie got picked up by the dog catcher).

This weekend has been exceptionally tough too. Last night I was practically sobbing watching Masterpiece Theatre...and it wasn't even that sad...No body died..

Maybe my ex was right..I should go to Hollywood and get a part as an extra for whenever they need someone to cry...kind of like a hand model, only I'd be a cry model.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...