1/1/12

"Your blog is too wide."

Only a true friend would say that to your face.  Does this template make me look fat?  Please let me know if you can't fit my blog on your screen.

"Your hair is too scary.  You look like an electrified Chia pet."  At the staff holiday white elephant gift exchange I received a Prussian blue (old Crayola color) comfy-huggie-snuglee-cuddly blanket-with-sleeves.  The fabric is amazing.  It does NOT breathe.

I fell asleep on the couch watching "Midnight in Paris" under the blanket-with-sleeves.  What happened to Owen Wilson's nose? I need to spend more time in waiting rooms with old People magazines so I know what's what. As a person with deviated septum issues, I kept fixating on the nose.  Also, he walked like a guy I had a crush on once.  Sigh.

There were some great costumes and cars, but the movie was sadly ordinary.  Never thought I'd see the day when some input from Rodney Dangerfield could improve a Woody Allen movie. I pulled the comfy-huggie-snuglee-cuddly up over my head.

Woke up in 2012.  Maybe it will be a new Belle Époque.  More likely just it's another era of Chia pet hair.






Praise be.  It's 2012.

Resolution #4--Stay more informed about pop culture.  


© 2011 Nancy L. Ruder

1 comment:

Kathleen said...

He broke his nose, and that's the way it healed.

That snuggie makes you look very, very tall.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...