1/31/12

The ducks at the end of the tunnel

The bereavement counselor assures me I will feel much worse soon, but she will be available to assist me for the next thirteen months.  This fails to dampen my general mood of relief bordering on resurgence.  I feel like I'm emerging from a very long tunnel. I already have two more hours in every day, and an enormous weight off my shoulders.

Did Dad see the light at the end of the tunnel?  I don't know.  He was not able to provide hints to those of us monitoring his crossing.



My ducks are not in a row.  I still don't know diddly about probate, except that it's beneficial for some attorney$.  My ducks are under Custer Road up by Schimelpfenig Library.  Make way.


© 2011 Nancy L. Ruder

5 comments:

Christine Thresh said...

I received mailings from the hospital's bereavement counselors. They were very odd mailings. Nothing they predicted was true for me. They never held meetings at times I could attend.
Just go your own way and feel what you feel.

Collagemama said...

Thanks for the reinforcement!

Kathleen said...

Last night a woman was speaking of "gutting it out" of some really low, low spots emotionally. I am glad you are ducking it out, and not feeling low, low, low.

Kim said...

I remember signs in your postings your dad saw the end of the tunnel all along the way. I am grateful for your honesty.

Collagemama said...

Thanks, Kim. That's a good way to look at it.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...