1/2/12

Private parts / Further resolutions

I'm missing something here.  My walking buddy and I walk side by side.  In my neighborhood we walk a clockwise route, and I am usually on the left.  In her neighborhood we walk a counterclockwise route, and I am often on the right.  

We do not walk abreast.  We do not walk a-boob.  Sometimes we walk a-earmuffs.  While we walk clad in stylish t-shirts, or fleece jackets we discuss current events.  This has been a good year, as my buddy finally quit wearing her blood donor t-shirt.  It was more info than necessary, and all too familiar.

Definition of AU COURANT

1.  a : fully informed : up-to-date
     b : fashionable, stylish
2.     : fully familiar : conversant

We are fully conversant the whole time we walk, sometimes even three times around the neighborhood.  Often we have leftover conversants and have to go for brunch at Corner Bakery to finish getting up-to-date and completely vented.  It's healthy and perky and almost Katie Couric-esque, which would be au couric
In the middle of a toasty panini combo lunch my walking/brunching bud announces she is becoming a bra pusher!  Where are the cops when you need them?  You think you know somebody.  You assume you have walked alongside long enough to attain a certain awareness, and then your best buddy goes underwire-less! 




Resolution #5  : To keep my household expenditure journal up to date.  


Resolution #6 : To change the vacuum bag, actually vacuum the condo, and maybe attack those cobwebs hanging low wobbling to and fro. 


And after these resolutions I visit my dad and find him again askew in bed and busy ripping off his diaper.  Avert mine eyes, Ms. Couric.  Sheesh!  I'm descended from a fruitcake nudist who slaps me away when I try to feed him supper.


Sending you uplifting thoughts that allegedly won't cut into your shoulders.


Definition of A-BREAST   [uh-brest]  
adverb, adjective
1.  side by side : beside each other in a line : They walked two abreast down the street.

2.  equal to or alongside in progress, attainment, or awareness (usually followed by of  or with) : to keep abreast of scientific developments; keeping abreast with the times.



Two's company.
Three's a crowd.
Four on the sidewalk
is never allowed.


Do they wobble to and fro?

Can you tie them in a knot?

Can you tie them in a bow?
Can you throw them o'er your shoulder
like a continental soldier?


© 2011 Nancy L. Ruder

3 comments:

Kathleen said...

1) Laughing a-boob with you.
2) Am lopsided.

Kim said...

Yes. Kathleen I am following you around blogland and commenting on your comments as well as on the original blog. Bras can be worn on the head if you are cold on your walks. Also I am lopsided...bigger on the left. Is that common? I am going to stop myself now!

Collagemama said...

Maybe reversing clockwise/ counterclockwise walking will de-lopside a person (probably female, but then there are those manboobs).

Bras can be worn to cover the ears, of course, especially if your mom sent a Lunchable in your sack lunch when you were already in middle school. At least that's what my son told me. "MOMMMMM! Why don't I just wear underwear on my head!?!?"

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...