1/26/12

Today a different pink

I would go get some Pepto Bismal but it seems like way too much trouble. The preschoolers have shared their stomach virus, so here I am under two sweatshirts and six blankets waiting to see how the slice of toast and warm tea will sit.



Yesterday before the arrival of the intestinal insurrection, I began reading Stephen Glain's State Vs. Defense : The Battle To Define America's Empire. If I can make it through it may be as upsetting and eye-opening as The Omnivore's Dilemma.


My mom seems close. There is a busy junco out on the patio looking for soggy treats between the potted plants. The sun is finally out. Oh, now there are three juncos. It won't take many more than that to lift  Dad and fly him away.

A nurse called to tell me the skin on Dad's heels is breaking down. Hospice says this is part of the process.


© 2011 Nancy L. Ruder

6 comments:

Kathleen said...

Oh, yes, I hope the juncos are there to help you all.

Collagemama said...

Thanks, Kathleen. Dad has deteriorated rapidly today.

Kim said...

I will keep sending warm thoughts your way.

Genevieve Netz said...

I hope today is a better day.

Christine Thresh said...

What Kathleen said. I believe it is true.
I'm thinking about you.

JMT said...

You were undoubtedly right - your mom was close. She and the juncos can now teach Howie how to fly.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...