1/25/12

Say that three times fast!

Severely diminished lower left lung lobe.  That is Dad's latest issue, and if it wasn't so sad, it would be a good tongue twister.  He started on a "prophylactic antibiotic" yesterday to ward off pneumonia.  I would be happier if medical folks just said "antibiotic as a preventive measure".


You put that pink Amoxil in what???  

Dad is breathing a bit easier this evening, so I let him sleep and came on home in the rain.  Big Red will try to spoon in some pureed supper gunk if Dad wakes up.

I walked yesterday while fooling with my newly rediscovered digital zoom and optical zoom features on my camera.  This did not make for an aerobic jaunt or good photos, but a January walk in shirtsleeves is a gift.  And sometimes reading the owner's manual is actually helpful.  Who knew?

This post was not about pink when I started, but these things happen.  Maybe it's time for Lucy in the sky to wear rose-colored glasses.






Stunned to find blooming camellias in a little garden at the Dallas Arboretum.  I listened to the The Elegance of the Hedgehog audiobook last year, but I didn't really understand about camellias.  There's still a note in my bathroom drawer brain from that book about "the always in the never."

Having a brain in a drawer is helpful for those three a.m. questions.  When Dad walked up the hill from the bus stop after a day at work, we kids would meet him.  Then we would watch him as he emptied the change from his pants pocket and the brains from his shirt pocket.  Dad's brains were printed in neat draftsman lettering on tiny folded bits of paper.  My brains are never so tidy.



© 2012 Nancy L. Ruder

4 comments:

Kathleen said...

I did try to say the "L" twister. And I love the poignant pink pocket paper scraps.

Kim said...

I am kind of partial to the word prophylaxis myself. Also now liking my verification word which is pstompn (at the psavoy?)

Collagemama said...

The word "prophylaxis" is from the Greek and means "an advance guard."

Kim said...

The word for "prophylatics" (as in condoms...gasp) in Spanish is "preservativos" which leads to some humorous conversations when gringos try to talk about preservatives in foods.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...