1/7/12

It's a bird! It's a plane!


No!  It's ornamental kale in a pot on my patio.  Nature is just so very cool.  The photos at that link to Princeton's "Art and Science 2011" competition are extremely fab, groovy, and cool. Happily, the January weather isn't. We are loving letting the preschoolers out on the playground to run in the sun.

The sunset had an odd stratification of clouds with a striking prismatic accent as I swooped over the high ramp from 75 to 190 West.  Not a safe moment to whip out the camera, but awesome with Francis Poulenc's "Gloria" for soprano playing on WRR 101.1 FM to commemorate the composer's 113th birthday.  Hours later I've got "Dialogues des Carmelites" is in the cd player.

In another portent of a rosy moment, a bizarre airplane seemed to hang in the sky above Coit Boulevard as I drove to visit Dad.  The airplane had untamed nose hairs, just like my father!!

I'm hoping my walking bud/bra pusher's aircraft aficionado son can identify the plane this evening so I don't have to worry myself into nose hair nightmares.

a·fi·ci·o·na·do/əˌfiSH(ē)əˈnädō/

Noun:
A person who is very knowledgeable and enthusiastic about an activity, subject, or pastime.


The nicest part of this memorable Pink Letter Day was a brief convergence of minds, hearts, and speech.  When I got to Dad's room he made a few false starts, but then managed to say, "I want to talk to you."  It took him many more minutes, but then he said, "I think you're very nice." The effort wore him out.  It was a moment I'll cherish.  At least he knew for that one moment that I'm on his side in this long last battle.


© 2011 Nancy L. Ruder

5 comments:

Kathleen said...

Beautiful moment with your dad! Pink joy!

Christine Thresh said...

Savor that moment.

Kim said...

I'm glad for your friend that her son is not a nose-hair afficionado.

Kim said...

oops...i got doubled up on the ff's after doubling up on the ll's yesterday.

Collagemama said...

Still no airplane ID...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...