3/20/05

Mid-life career change

A dearly demented friend has found a new calling acting as a one-man match-making service. Since I am his only client, I expect he will be quite diligent on my behalf.


Monsieur M. Nomadie
Introductions Arranged
For Shy & Artistic Ladies
of a Certain Vintage

Monsieur Nomadie spent many fashionable seasons on the Continent in his prime, introducing handsome Croatian soccer players to expatriot American mimes, smoothing out differences in manners and customs. He is well aware of my stubborn Yankee suffragette tendencies. Still, he understands my very occasional longing for the companionship of an independent, intelligent, informed, witty, non-smoking, salt and pepper-haired Democrat member of the male gender at various local arts events and performances.
Monsieur Nomadie is compiling a slate of candidates for my consideration, and probably an overly enthusiastic list of my charms for theirs. My other friends question my sanity. They say my life is perfect. I don't have to share a bathroom or a checkbook with a member of that male gender, and soon I won't have to share a condo either. Their points are well taken. I must retire to my swooning couch, as I have a touch of the vapors.

1 comment:

The Stark Raving Viking said...

I look for stuff to post on FreeSpeech.com using a blog search engine. I did a search on "expatriot" and your blog came up as #1 for the most recent post.

What you have here seems to be of a private nature, so, I won't consider posting a link to it.

Nice pictures on this post.

Take care,

Steven G. Erickson aka Vikingas

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...