11/1/04

Never Smile At a Crocodile

Once a year I turn into a wild woman for the camera. It's not quite those aura polaroids at the metaphysical bookstore. Still, each year's photo shoot reveals something about me.

We dress in costumes for the staff Christmas card photo, and for individual photos for the school calendar months. Yes, I'm a calendar girl. I worry for 360 days about what I will wear for this event. Then I plan and collect everything I need.

This may have been my best. I was the crocodile in Kipling's The Elephant's Child. I had the green Master's Championship look-alike blazer over a poison lime green shirt. Then I wore a truly reptilian donated necktie, a leaf lei, a split pea soup green fishing net from Oriental Trading Co. over my shoulders, a plush elephant puppet, a large and bendable bicolored python rock snake, and a straw safari hat with a leopard print band. Instead of saying, "Cheese," the photographer let me snarl, "I collect really BAD neckties."

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...