4/20/11

Yma opening a window

Worrying about the anole, I've opened a window.  Farewell, please and thank you, head on out!  Write if you find work...

A live lizard in the home is considered good luck and a generous wedding gift in many cultures.  A deceased lizard reclining on my miniblind is more than I want to contemplate. 

"Please do not starve to death on my watch," is the order I send by telepathy to the anole.  The staff must be sending the same wish by ESP to Dad.  He declined to eat supper, but I got him to eat a Peppermint Patty and drink a cup of coffee with two sugars and a creamer.

I should have served fritos and glurg, like the host in Tom Meehan's short story, "Yma Dream", as performed by Christine Baranski.  Should you need a laugh, check it out from your library.

I will close this with one photo of Peppermint Patties in a cut-glass bowl.  Whatever thoughts I had were lost when the elbow drafting lamp fell off the shelf above the computer.  Get the sensation!



© 2011 Nancy L. Ruder

1 comment:

Kathleen said...

I got the sensation!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...