4/13/11

Dishwasher Inferno

Walked into my condo at 5:30.  What was that grinding sound?  Why was it hot in here?  Please, please, please don't let the a/c be broken!  Maybe it's the old washing machine that takes half the day to fill.

No, it was the dishwasher with the dial stuck just slightly left of START. So for ten hours it had been heating and growling, but with no water. I let it cool for an hour, as it was very hot inside. Counted my pennies betting the motor or the ring of hell heat element was fried.


I am thrilled to report that the dishwasher is working right now. In a two-step error I must have leaned on the HOT WASH setting instead of Normal Wash. Then I must have turned the dial not quite to Start. Feeling very grateful the condo did not burn down.


Next time I hear the expression, "Go to hell," I will remember what these visitors looked like after their trip:



© 2011 Nancy L. Ruder

3 comments:

Kim said...

Reminds me of the time I tried to sterilize Legos in the dishwasher after the kids had rotovirus! I'm glad you just have to replace some plastic dinnerware and not a whole building.

Collagemama said...

What happened to the Legos? I sterilize Duplos in a lingerie bag on the top rack of the dishwasher often.

Kathleen said...

Oooh, I see a whole hell animation arising from this plastic silverware adventure!

Apparently you can even wash a computer keyboard in the top rack of a dishwasher, though I don't advise it. Heard a radio show about that. You have to be willing for certain keys to stick forever.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...