4/30/11

Night and Day Comma You Need Triple A Batteries

Friday Dad didn't want me to leave after his supper.  Parting is such a recurring struggle that I could say good night til it be morrow. 

Today Dad is a colicky baby with his days and nights reversed.  Up since four a.m., he sacked out after breakfast and slept well past lunch.  This isn't a completely bad thing.  Sitting in the sunny corner of his room I completed all the progress reports for the elementary students.  Then I read Timothy Schaffert's Coffins of Little Hope on my Kindle.

Wednesday I left a note for Maintenance regarding the dead batteries in Dad's remote.  Friday I spoke with a higher up about the problem.  Today I went to Walgreens and bought batteries.

What happens to the residents without family popping in often?  Does anyone at the facility ever check their remote controls?  Is that why all the tvs are blaring with bizarre shows?  The residents can"t zap out "Oprah" or "I Dream of Jeannie"?  And just why do I hear the theme from "A Summer Place" every afternoon at five?  Percy Faith and His Orchestra, please give me strength!

© 2011 Nancy L. Ruder

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...