4/17/11

Outdoor-in anole, but no carrots singing

How can it be seven years since the Woolly Mammoth's Lunch Bunch gang had the finger-flick place-kicking competition that impaled carrot sticks on the mini-blind slats?  This evening I am wishing those high school students would magically reappear to laugh with me about the anole lizard playing hide and seek in the condo.  Wishing too that Fritzi, my mother, was here to appreciate both the condo lizard excitement and the Woolly Mammoth's upcoming grad school commencement in D.C.


The anole on the mini-blinds is probably the same lizard I saw scurrying into the hot water heater closet early this morning after I'd been outside cutting flowers for a bouquet.  Still, it could be another anole.  I've been in and out both front and back doors so very many times today.  Anoles are quick.  I have no problem sharing my condo with any who get inside.


Don't know where the anole is at the moment.  I last spotted it on the theater programs saved by Fritzi, including a production with Florence Henderson as Maria in "Sound of Music".  High on a hill is a lonely anole,


Lay ee odl lay ee odl lay hee hoo

© 2011 Nancy L. Ruder

3 comments:

Kathleen said...

Lizards and lyrical yodeling now in my head together having a wonderful time.

Collagemama said...

I haven't seen the anole this morning (or heard it singing), but I did find a garter snake under the laundry basket in the bathroom--before coffee! This must be Condo Wildlife Week. Check your holidays, Kim.

Kim said...

Nope, it's Juggler's Day, though, so you might try snake-and-lizard juggling for your students or for your dad!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...