4/25/11

Weather watch lizard

I'd just dozed off upstairs, paperback open, when the weather sirens sounded.  Trundling down to turn on the weather channel I nearly tripped over Mr. Anole.  A flash of lightning showed him scurrying off to a corner of the living room.  Maybe he's been living on the spiders under the stairs.



When I saw this handsome dude in the cable cover outside the front door Thursday, I hoped my indoor lizard had moved outdoors permanently.  Occasional odd sounds in the condo during the quiet three-day weekend had me wondering, though.

When the weather got crazy enough I took blankets and a pillow into the bathroom.  That's the only place away from windows in the condo.  Trying to sleep on a bathroom floor is uncomfortable.  Hoping the anole wouldn't take shelter with me kept me wide awake.  Cute, yes.  Cuddly, no.

© 2011 Nancy L. Ruder

5 comments:

Kathleen said...

Everything OK now, weather wise? Lizard wise?

Collagemama said...

The next round of storms is predicted this afternoon. The next round of lizards?

Kim said...

I suppose you wouldn't have to worry about any spiders in the bathroom with Mr. Lizard around, though.

Kathleen said...

Happy Birthday.

Collagemama said...

Thanks, and nighty-night lizard.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...