4/27/11

Snip my stems and stick me in water...




...every other day.  Add contents of a floral preservative packet, or a homemade mix of sugar, bleach, and lemon juice.  Don't let me lop off my ear.  I'm feeling a wee tad Vincent this evening.

On the upside, this is a wonderful week of flowers.  Dad noticed the bouquet on his window ledge and watched the light through the purple glass.  Maybe that is what inspired him to actually look at a book of American Impressionists while sitting up in bed.  Or maybe Dad was just energized by the cinnamon baked apple he consumed after a combined attack with spoon and fork on the slippery devils.  My adrenalin kicked in for the assault!





Not having much luck photographing my own birthday bouquet of tulips and irises against a backdrop of oil paintings. I need a tube of cadmium red light right away. Possibly intravenously.






© 2011 Nancy L. Ruder

2 comments:

Kathleen said...

Lovely.

And wishing you the energy you need...

Kim said...

Happy birthday!!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...