1/20/06

Transmission of viruses from animals to people

I've got a bad case of the Primate Samsonitis A virus. This dangerous virus has made the jump between species and is evolving faster than Asian Avian Influenza, according to the CDC. The Bush administration has not stockpiled doses of the vaccine. In fact, there is no known vaccine. The virus must be allowed to run its course. Quarantine is the only method of stemming its spread.

I don't just want to stomp and throw luggage. I want to throw file cabinets and chests of drawers. My kids took away my saw after the sofa incident, so I haven't destroyed anything in the living room yet.

I'm having fever-induced flashbacks to memorable tv ad campaigns of the Sixties and Seventies. "Mikey likes it." "Mama mia, that's a spicy meatball." "It's the real thing." "I can't believe I ate the whole thing." "I always keep two in my tutu."

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...