5/28/05

No one ever tells me what's cool until it's too late!

My son is off on a trip. He spent more time dressing his iPod than packing his duffel bag. I hope he has a toothbrush. He forgot his razor, but that might have been on purpose. Last year he only packed two days worth of clothes for a four day trip. New Orleans is not a place where you want to put on the same sweat-drenched clothes you wore the day before. Even if you put them on top of the a/c vent overnight they won't have dried out.

His iPod is dressed in an elegant but understated black glove with the fingers cut off. I did not know electronic devices needed clothes! Nobody ever tells me this stuff. I can't take a picture of the iPod attire, because it is off in the French Quarter or visiting the D-Day Museum. I think it is going to be too warm on the swamp airboat tour and the visit to the Metairie cemetery.

This seems to be commercial iPod outfit, but my son is going for a more indie look:


I'm trying to catch up, but I might be too late. In the summer iPod's and other electronic devices may go to nudist camps. This is my oldest son's first Speedo from the Baby & Me swim class we took in Omaha in 1983. I can't believe it is too large for dual VCR and DVD remote controls:


These outfits for all occasions date to my ex's mid-1960's G.I. Joe doll. G.I. Joe has a fuzzy blond buzz cut, bends, and is slightly larger than Ken. I especially like the Dubya look for the t.v. remote--flight suit and cowboy boots:


Size-wise, Ken's wardrobe may fit better, but the choices are limited. Here we see what the fashion savvy Samsung will be wearing to prom, while Nokia takes the field with its drum major look:



Maybe I should get the Sousa ringtones, but I still think electronics should definitely not wear clothing:

1 comment:

CathyW said...

Love the techno outfits!! We have a bit of a trend here to use baby/toddler socks for phones and small gadgets. There is such a great array of baby socks!! I may just start cross stitching an iPod cover now!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...