1/23/11

My Two Eeyores

My dad is not very how.  He doesn't seem to have felt at all how for a long time.  Although he gets some stimulation from backing his wheelchair into the wall, he is not a happy animal. 

Today Dad says he feels "weird" and "goofy" and that he doesn't know what he is doing.  I tell him the doctor is trying a new medication, and that might be the reason for his weirdness.  I don't want to argue about whether or not Dad needs an antidepressant/appetite stimulant.  Dad does grin when I tell him the facility will probably bill me for the damage he is doing when he smashes into the wall.

I'd like to nail a tail on the back of Dad's wheelchair so he would feel more like cavorting, or popping wheelies.  In fact, I saw a lovely orange-brown tail in the parking lot of the condos just the other day.  When I got home from my visit with Dad and a side trip for groceries I met the rightful owner of that tail.  Hauling the bags out of the car trunk, I caught sight of a little orange person standing straight up with his hand on his hip glaring at me.  Slowly my brain did the "what's wrong with this picture?"  That tiny orange person was a squirrel with no tail, and not much fear either.

Eeyore seemed to be enjoying tailless life, and had a good appetite as I got close enough for a photo.  When he finally fled, he hopped like a rabbit.  I'll be keeping my eye out for Eeyore in my hundred acre wood.












© 2011 Nancy L. Ruder

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...