12/7/10

Stopping by woods with Chick and Flora

It was an anxious ten minutes, and seemed like twenty-four hours.  I need to know where everything is, and if I don't, I want to be The Finder.  Those who have known me for a long time know I can't sleep if chickens from the Fisher Price farm set are AWOL. 

Bear with me, as this is a convoluted post.  Trying to map out the logistics for tomorrow's printmaking art classes.  Three classes.  Three age groups.  Three to nine years old.  Thirty minutes, for each group.  Have to keep the kids busy while they wait their turn to make Styrofoam block prints.  Only the youngest group has an adult volunteer for crowd control. 

Many of my kids have no concept of snow even though North Texas got several snowfalls last winter. 

Snow is cold.

Snow is white. 

Snow is light... light as a feather. 

I have white feathers! 

I can pluck a few from my wedding reception feather boa!  It's not like I have that many occasions to wear a boa.  A white feather will totally make this art project!

A white feather floating down...  gentle...  light...  That's when the anxiety began.  Where was my Chick Corea and Return to Forever cd of "Light As a Feather"?

Can't remember when last I had a panic attack, but this was a near thing!  I couldn't find Chick.  Scanning the racks of cds did not yield success for The Finder.

I was introduced to Chick Corea and Flora Purim on a snowy afternoon in the mid-Seventies.  For over thirty-five years this music has been just what I needed when I needed it through LP, cassette, and cd.  My little horse must think it queer that I couldn't find my cd on the first try.

With miles to go before I sleep, I'm relieved to account for Chick.
© 2010 Nancy L. Ruder

1 comment:

Kathleen said...

My brain understands your brain.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...