12/24/10

The Big Clean

Started slow.  Organized my sock drawer by color, tossing out the holey loners.  Cleaned the lazy susans of spices, refilling jars in the rack.  Warmed up.

Tackled dusty slatted shutters.  I can almost feel the burn. 

Now the guest bathroom, formerly known as The Guys Bathroom.  I don't go up there much, making it a fine place for dormant Christmas cacti and orchids.  Amazing how dirty an unused place can become.  Maybe guy cooties still lurk just beneath the surfaces.

The Clorox Bathroom Disinfectant was inadequate.  Now I'm headed to the grocery store to buy Oxymoron, the cleanser for people who are too stupid to clean on a regular basis!

oxy-
from Gk. oxy-, comb. form of oxys "sharp, pungent" (see acrid). Also used as a comb. form of oxygen.
oxymoron
1650s, from Gk. oxymoron, noun use of neut. of oxymoros (adj.) "pointedly foolish," from oxys "sharp" (see acrid) + moros "stupid" (see moron). Rhetorical figure by which contradictory terms are conjoined so as to give point to the statement or expression; the word itself is an illustration of the thing. Now often used loosely to mean "contradiction in terms."

Oxydol laundry detergent has been around since 1927. 


© 2010 Nancy L. Ruder

1 comment:

Kathleen said...

OMG, that IS a big clean. I am often a lazy susan myself, not having done a big clean in a long time, but thinking of it yesterday, while looking for/through my spices.

Also, I'm a bit of a holy loner!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...