3/23/08

Spring Breaking Glass



The Oklahoma City Museum of Art has a permanent installation of Dale Chihuly glass art. How did I miss this nearby gem for so long? It is an easy two-opera drive from home on a Saturday morning. And I was sure ready to hit the open road!



You can take photos in the Chihuly exhibit, which isn't a guarantee that you (or I) can take good photos there. The lighting and surfaces present many challenges. It was very fun to try, though.



These pieces are from the Persian Seaform Ceiling, which is as close to scuba diving in a coral reef as I'll probably ever get.



Light shines down through stacked arrangements of anemone and shell-shaped glass resting on the clear glass ceiling in a long hallway. I felt like Disney's Little Mermaid discovering thingamabobs and doohickeys from another world.

© 2008 Nancy L. Ruder

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...