3/24/08

IQSC Opening

They're putting the finishing touches on the new International Quilt Study Center and Museum this week, and moving the collection. The new facility opens Sunday, March 30th.

My visit to Nebraska didn't coincide with the grand opening, but I did watch some of the installation work on the sculpture in front of the museum. I hope to get back to Lincoln before the Nancy Crow: Cloth, Culture, Context exhibit ends in August.

Until then, I'll be checking for informative stories about the new museum in the Lincoln Journal Star online by Kent Wolgamott. I wish more arts writers were as motivated to communicate clearly and to educate, instead of showing off their arcane knowledge in a certain big city newspaper.








© 2008 Nancy L. Ruder

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...