1/8/05

Tiny bubbles on the floor

After last evening's Dallas Opera production of Verdi's Luisa Miller you'd think I'd be humming something more highbrow than Don Ho. Maybe I just need more sleep. I put Joy dishwashing liquid in the dishwasher instead of Cascade.

Normally this mistake isn't possible because I can't even find the Joy. My resident photographer takes it upstairs to his bathroom to perform lighting experiments, setting up a la-bor-a-tory with lamps, tripods, curtains amid the general disgusting debris of a teen male's bathroom.


I am on my third beach towel cleaning the bubble mess on the kitchen floor. That's nowhere near the number of towels used during the various cleaning adventures of the belated Batmobile, but it is significant. I finally got the needed impetus to mop the kitchen floor.

The opera was quite wonderful even though there wasn't a luxury automobile on display outside the Music Hall. The stage is set with an elegant minimalism, a picture within a picture, and successful use of light and shadow. The music was splendid, especially the mezzo voice of Mzia Nioradze as the Duchess Federica. The costumes were styled appropriately for the Austrian Alps in a pleasant palette of greens and RED. The biggest flaw in the whole production was the Sam's Club bulk buy of RED velveteen. Miles of the same RED. No wine, no rose, no scarlet or crimson. No satin or bombazine, challis or damask. I could go on, but you get the idea. And if you're curious, check out the Phrontistery word list and definitions.

Dotted Swiss doesn't appear on the list, but the bubble mess on the floor reminds me of my mom's fancy robe when I was little. Excuse me. I have to go look for more towels.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...