1/10/05

Slopteraptors

It's Dinosaurs Days in the art room this month. I'm sad to say that I can't remember the name of every single dinosaur the way I could when my own kids were little. Of course I can't always remember where I parked the Buick at Albertsons either. There seem to be many new dinosaurs, but today I learned the favorite of four year old boys is the Slop-teraptor. I'm thinking Slop-teraptors never really died out, or else some crazed scientist cloned them for a theme park and they got loose to terrorize my condo. Crikeys, Crichton! They're running through the kitchen again!

The three year old girls are unwilling to let go of the Christmas season. Four of them sang a splendid version of Jingle Bells while we made our clay slop-teraptors and stegosaurus:

...bells on cocktails ring, making spirits bright...

The five year old boys were engaged in a spirited scientific debate about gigantasaurs, and whether the females were larger than the males. To cap his argument, one boy announced, "Well, my mom used to be a paleontologist, and she knows everything, and she said so!" I was very impressed, but when I asked the mom about her former career there wasn't a shred of truth to the story. I'm not sure if gigantasaurs are a scientific discovery or a video game. By the way, the velociraptors should all wear bells, and the bobtails are having cocktails before dinner.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...