3/17/04

Smoke Gets In Your Eyes

Started the morning with eye drops to get the red out. It was difficult getting to sleep with the intense smell of salmon smoke permeating the whole condo. Didn't smell any better at six a.m. This morning's "Texas Taste" section of the Dallas Morning News featured hints for roasting a whole hog in some sort of Cuban Chinese box. Steven and I wondered if we should hide the section from our college chef. The stench from a small piece of salmon caused respiratory difficulties. Imagine the effect of torching a whole pig! Maybe I should pitch a new reality show combining Jackass and the Food Channel.

While teaching at my Montessori school this morning I received a three word message from our fearless leader: Eggs Under Flamingoes! I tried at first to interpret the code as a suggestion that I stop and buy some plastic Easter eggs to put under the plastic flamingoes. That's not it. I knew it. You know it...

The spiteful tough ducks laughed at my endeavors! They dug a salad bowl-size depression in the bare dirt directly under a plastic flamingo's tail. Mom duck laid eggs in the depression and worshipped the fertility flamingo. Tough ducks thumbed their beaks at my pruning efforts. Cruel. Cold. Mother Nature meets Ma Barker. Does Halliburton do duck deterrence?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...