1/24/05

Swiffervangelism

A new cult is running amok in this country, and I am sad to report that my sister is a convert. While we were both in Lincolnland she passed up no opportunity to preach on the miracles of both Wet and Dry Swiffering, with personal testimonials about how Swiffer had changed her life and turned her unwayward kids into model citizens of The Tidy Future.

I'm sort of a housekeeping agnostic. I knock down really scary cobwebs with a contraption we call the dead-cat-on-a-stick. I have a groovy domestic tool for dusting the ceiling fans that looks like the Fuller Brush Man hung out with Barry Bonds.

My preferred kitchen floor cleaning method is the Texas Toe Mop. Years in the art room cleaning up dribbled paint have led me to this Two-step. I throw a damp towel on the linoleum and swab it around. Anything too small to trip me is too trivial to bend over and pick up in my book.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...