3/15/12

Worm Lady to the wescue

The trouble with cellphones is Worm Lady can't pull on her tights and cape in a phonebooth that doesn't exist. The signal is beamed into the night sky! I must answer the call tightless! Time to read up on the relationship between worms and water conservation.  I'll be answering calls for the Worm Lady a couple times in coming months. 

Five days into spring break I've mostly stopped doing the pre-K initial consonant sound stutter. Here are some of the highlights of my spring vuh-vuh-vuh vacation.

Wah-wah-wah watch that never worked well made into a pin. Fred gave Effa Dale the  Swiss watch that "never worked well".  At some point the watch was adapted to a pin.  Much later the pin was placed in a cardboard box marked "Locket" inside a safe deposit box, which is why I didn't send it to my brother according to my mother's written instructions years ago.  To make up for it I sent him the coins and bus tokens that were in the same box.



Before I mailed this off to my brother I wondered if there might be a secret treasure map or code underneath the cotton in the box.  Just in case, I pulled it back and found
  • -
  • -
  • -
  • -
  • -
  • -
  • -
  • -
  • -
  • -
  • -
  • -
  • -
Fuh-fuh-fuh 5 toothpicks! Yup. I don't know if the toothpicks had DNA samples or not. Ew.


Welcome to the wonderful world of inheritance, wills, and probate. Everyday is a war-war-warped scavenger hunt. I have been learning about medallion guarantees, P.O.D., and W.R.O.S., plus why Social Security can't change your mailing address if you are dead. I would tell you, but then you wouldn't get to work through all the automated phone menus in either voice or touchtone mode. Maybe Worm Lady should get an automated phone menu, too. Press 1 for vertical-burrowing earthworms preferring cool temperatures. Press 2 for warm-temp vermicomposting red wigglers.




I wanted to finish reading Thomas Mallon's Watergate over the break.  It really brings back that era we mostly wanted to forget, but then we'd be doomed to repeat it.

I had delusions of also reading Matthew Pearl's The Technologists and Juliette Gordon Low: The Remarkable Founder of the Girl Scouts by Stacy Cordery.  Ruh-ruh right!
Thought I had a couple more weeks to finish the quah-quah-quah baby quilt aka "playmat", but my grandson surprised everybody by arriving this morning.  He is not an afterthought to this post. He is the breaking news. If I don't blog it will be due to turning into one of those mushy blobs of grandmotherly love.

And that's okay.



© 2012 Nancy L. Ruder

1 comment:

Kim said...

Congratulations!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...