3/21/12

New growth on prickly pear

I love the tension between sharp greens and heavy-laden grays of spring,.  I love the sprouts and the storms, the dang piccolos versus kettle drums, Peter Rabbit vs. Old Mr. MacGregor on Pay-Per-View.  The contest gets me through the sinus headaches and aggravations of sticky, green pollen coating my windshield.  The pollen defies the washer fluid and gets smeared by tired wipers. The cobalt violet of blooming redbuds adds the neon shock of pain and ecstasy, much like the time the otorhinolaryngologist rammed his scope into my deviated septum.  This is spring.



en garde   gärd)
interj.
Used to warn a fencer to assume the position preparatory to a match.

[French : en, on + garde, guard.]

[Disc 3 of my "Carmen" cd is damaged right where Don Jose and Escamillo fight.  And I dreamt I forgot to shave my legs.  Knew the crossword puzzle answer for the clue "Gillette blade" though--ATRA]


Felt like I'd been through the woodchipper even before arriving home from work.  The elementary students did the printmaking for the music festival invitations, and the results will be totally awesome.  Tonight this art teacher will have a bad case of brayer shoulder and should go to bed early.  Thanks to the glittergoods blogger for this perfect spring green brayer illustration:

The lawn service guys for the condo are sending today's prunings through a real woodchipper.  The high-pitched whine makes the hairs on my arms stand straight up and shriek.  Yup.  Spring.  Now 'scuse me while I ice my March madness injury! 



© 2012 Nancy L. Ruder

3 comments:

Kim said...

I will never be able to disassociate "woodchipper" from the film Fargo.

Collagemama said...

Never. Agreed.

Kathleen said...

I will never be able to disassociate the otorhinolarynologist's scope from your deviated septum.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...