3/11/12

Bogged down, blogged down

Grover is in the pits.  The tar pits.  He has fallen, and he can't get up.  I can really feel the suck of the asphalt immobilizing the Sesame Street inaction figure in the condo parking lot.  My walking buddy and I discovered Grover on our walk right after the rain ended this noon.




Sucks, mired, immobilized.  Sounds like my life lately, and it is time to pull myself out.

I'm starting a bucket list just so I can put the La Brea Tar Pits on it.  For now my bucket is half full of rubber bands, not half empty.


© 2012 Nancy L. Ruder

2 comments:

Kathleen said...

You are dealing with the sucky mire better than I am, and better than Grover is, it appears. I really like your shiny bucket!

Collagemama said...

Kathleen--I think Grover is looking up from the sucky mire at us and singing:

Hot town, summer in the city
Back of my neck getting burnt and gritty
Been down, isn't it a pity
Doesn't seem to be a shadow in the city

All around, people looking half dead
Walking on the sidewalk, hotter than a match head

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...