2/21/11

Unwrapped and dezipped


Home from a surprise birthday trip to You Nork, You Nork to see Danger Baby.  His amazing bride cooked up this plan before Thanksgiving, and it has been so difficult keeping the secret! 

Need to do some research on this sherry decanter set I took the dear couple as a gift.  This was my parents' set, and I'm pretty sure my father shipped it to the States from Austria at the end of World War II.  Alas, earning a living might interfere with this interesting endeavor.

The TSA didn't give me a round of applause for my innovative and cheap protective wrapping of the glassware for the dangerous journey through security scanning and overhead bins.  I'm thankful my little red rolling suitcase waited until the return trip to blow out its zipper.  Now it is going to that big baggage claim in the sky!

Why isn't there a cable tv reality show about airport security and baggage handlers?  At LaGuardia I watched families unravelling when their 8:00 a.m. departures were repeatedly delayed eventually until 3:30 p.m.  It wasn't pretty.  Some contestants' mascara ran down their cheeks.  Some husbands went to speak to the airline representative at Gate B5.  They took a wrong turn and they never came back to their obnoxious bickering kiddies no longer able to share the electronic game toy.  It was way more riveting than most cop shows or talent auditions.

Now passengers can bring itty widdle doggies in nylon yurts as carry-on luggage.  What happens when those doggies must deal with flight delays and extended time stuck on the tarmac waiting to take-off?  I feel their pain!

© 2011 Nancy L. Ruder

1 comment:

Kathleen said...

What a beautiful set of glassware!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...