2/15/11

A bad night of isthmus

All night it seemed I was teaching in a giant lecture amphitheater.  The subject of my lecture defied my pronunciation.  I could not say "Peloponnesian Penninsula" to save my life.  The map for the lecture was displayed improbably at the top/back of the theater, behind all the students.  I had to gallop up the steps, get their attention, ask everyone to turn around, and then explain the map.  Then back down the steps to the podium.  Back and forth, this exercise would have burned thousands of calories in real life.  Breathless is not the way to say "Peloponnesian Penninsula".  Why?  I have no idea, but I will give some attention to arranging my real-life classroom teaching aids.



© 2011 Nancy L. Ruder

2 comments:

Kathleen said...

I dreamed I traveled to Paris...was stranded in the station for a while, and then went outside!

Collagemama said...

Hope you took a folded map.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...