7/25/05

"Accuse me!"

Work can be refreshing if it's different work. I'm helping out while there's a vacant position at my former library job. Got to spend Saturday with childrens' books, and enjoyed seeing young families using the library. Quite a few grandparents came in with children to enjoy the puzzles, puppet theater, and dress-up clothes, as well as some cuddly read-aloud time together.

One little girl was having a splendid time skipping circuits of the room in her dress-up attire. Each time she passed me as I straightened books on the shelves she said, "Accuse me!" Very nice manners for such a young lady!

I got to confuse several of my art students by being in the wrong place. Why was the art lady now the library lady?

When my middle son was in preschool, we saw his teacher at the mall. He refused to make eye contact with her, because she was in the wrong place. Wonder how we learn as kids that the actors in our own personal drama exit stage right to perform other stories on stages we can't see.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...