8/5/04

Cue up the Hawaii Five-O theme song!

This is the day I've been looking forward to all summer. This is the day we started our giant papier mache shark. I love doing group art projects in my classes. It is a trip!



This is the beginning form for the shark. For more information, click on the link to Itty Bitty Art Projects over there in the sidebar.

I love teaching figure drawing using photos of surfers. I am not a surfer. I'm not a traveler. I've only been to Galveston, Corpus Christi, and South Padre, and then not until I was in my late-thirties. I can teach kids to analyze and draw figures using my collection of photos torn from the wide array of surfing magazines available in Dallas, Texas, though. So I am looking forward to seeing the new surfing documentary, Riding Giants, this weekend.

Is it just a bad dream, or did Lucy and Ethel once sing a song about a surfboard that came back by itself????

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...