2/6/13

Stockholm Octavo


Picked up roses for today's art class at Albertson's. This one is an intriguing smoky salmon red. The children won't like it, but I couldn't resist. Three to nine year olds prefer the glaring colors I call Walmart Purple and Target Pink, preferably with sequins and leopard prints.

I've read several books since I finished Karen Engelmann's Stockholm Octavo, but that is the one staying in my mind.  The patterns of the octavo, a type of fortune telling with cards, are much like patterns in quilt blocks and even tie dye.  Tie dye being my other project of the moment.




This is the first time I've tried pulling basting threads on a dye project.



© 2013 Nancy L. Ruder

2 comments:

Kim said...

Can't wait to see the finished tie dye projects!

Collagemama said...

Thanks, ladies! I sat outside and pulled the threads out. Now I'm wondering if the threads should have stayed in through a second round of rinsing. And why is water coming out from the top of the washer on the spin cycle?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...