2/7/13

A heart-shaped Slinky, a jug of wine and thou

My mission:

To create a tiny poem based on the structure in Cynthia Rylant's book, If You'll Be My Valentine. The poem  will be attached to heart-shaped Slinky toys for students.  And then, of course, the tape will self-destruct.

Time is ticking down, and the theme from Mission Impossible is messing with my heart beats. It's syncopated with the original Slinky song from 1960s television commercials

If you'll be my valentine
I'll  dum de dum de dum
I'll dum de dum
and dum de dum
and dum de doodle dum.




My mission is doomed!

A Book of Verses underneath the Bough,
A Jug of Wine, a Loaf of Bread,--and Thou
Beside me singing in the Wilderness--
Oh, Wilderness were Paradise enow!



© 2013 Nancy L. Ruder

2 comments:

Kathleen said...

Enow!!

A JUG of wine yes!!

Collagemama said...

The wine did not help the poem, but I did dream of those slinky dogs.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...