1/22/08

On top of spaghetti

I lost my poor meatsauce when somebody sneezed. It slid off the platter and into the silverware drawer. I'll be running knives, spoons, and forks through the dishwasher forever more.

Thank heaven for Soft Scrub, as it's cutting the tomato and grease combo to get the red stain off the white counter. The sauce splashed everywhere, so I'll be finding reminders for weeks!

It was a sad end to a culinary masterpiece, if I do say so myself. The sauce had ground Italian sausage, fresh cilantro, garlic, celery, zucchini, Roma tomatoes, and mushrooms, all sauteed in olive oil my son brought from Italy, parsley, basil, oregano, and a big can of crushed tomatoes.


This is the way we used to sing this favorite scout song:

On top of spaghetti all covered with cheese.
I lost my poor meatball when somebody sneezed.
It rolled off the table, and onto the floor,
And then my poor meatball rolled right out the door.

© 2008 Nancy L. Ruder

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...